Tuesday, August 16, 2011

OWASP ESAPI for ColdFusion - The Next Step

About a year ago I set out to fill a gap in ColdFusion security by completing the OWASP's ESAPI for ColdFusion project.  There was some downtime in there but altogether I spent over 230 hours on this project (yes, of my own personal time).

Well, today I am very excited to announce that those efforts have paid off as my project has now become the official OWASP version of CFESAPI!  You can now access my project on GitHub via the owasp.org website under the ColdFusion/CFML tab... yes, that's about as official as it gets!  While your on that tab, you may want to also take notice of the name listed under Project Leader.  I'll give you a few seconds to look first... no cheating!...   Okay, yes, that's my name!  Yup, I am now the Project Leader as well and I am so freaking excited. :)  This will be a whole new experience for me, one that hope to learn lots from and one that I hope takes this project where it needs to go.

My time in this new role has just begun so I have not had time yet to do much... I mean, it's still something I do in my spare time (I do have a regular full-time job and all).  One thing I did do is create a Twitter account for CFESAPI so announcements and anything related to the project can found here.

I do want to thank Jason Dean for his time as Project Leader for CFESAPI and I am very glad that he plans on sticking around as a contributor to the project.

So let the fun begin... ColdFusion Developers rejoice... your security tools are finally here! :p