Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And in the beginning...

So I'm finally going to do it.  I'm going to start posting to a blog.  This will be my first time so be gentle.

Why?  Why did I finally decide to start blogging?  I've been pondering the idea for quite some time but I am very busy with work and family so dedicating time to write about what I've been working on has not been a priority.  I have so many ideas of things I would like to work on and so many cool things that I actually do get to work on, I figure its best I share some of those with the world.

What finally pushed me over the edge and into blogging?  I do a lot of research online in order to keep up-to-date with my field and more and more I am now seeing how employers are using blogs of developers to assist in the screening process for employment.  Now I am not currently seeking other employment but should the need arise in a few months or years, I figure it would be good to have a well established blog of what I have been doing to help secure that future dream job.

So.. I'm off! Let's see how this goes!